Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Resin Parts

Took a detour today from the work I was doing yesterday.

I ordered these parts a while back, and just kept them off to the side in the event that I didn't get an ALU replacement part. Today I followed the instructions provided on

I started by wiping each piece down with a cotton ball I then used a tooth brush with soapy water to scrub each piece.

This took a bit of time, and then there was the light sanding and cleanup work that needed to be done on each component.
I managed to get the dust coat, and a coat of primer on these parts. I will inspect each one for defects. Using superglue and sandpaper, I should be able to cleanup any pin holes or other issues fairly quickly.

Only other thing I managed today was to get the top panel glued on for the back door.

No comments: