Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Paint, Center Foot, and more!

I have been putting this off for a while, because I am a bit nervous about my rattle-can skills. I dove in head first today. The next few pictures were taken when I took a break to let the last coat of primer dry.

I didn't take too many other pictures while I was painting so I took this one after I had applied several coats of white. I brought the panels inside to let them finish drying. The painting process went well, but not perfect so I didn't put clear coats on anything. I am going to wait a week and make sure that this stuff looks good before I spray on the clear. There is definitely one panel that I will need to redo... it got a bug or something on in while I was painting, and in an attempt to get it off I think I touched the panel. A nice big fish eye marks the spot.

The steel center foot from Jerry Greene arrived today. Absolutely amazing. I messed around with it for a few minutes to mount the half moons that I got from Tom. They are a perfect fit.

While paint was drying, I spent some time considering how to mount the center vents. I decided to use a couple of flat bars. I will put a few holes in each bar and in the wall of each center vent using screws to secure the vents in place.

I also had time to trim the front skin for the power coupler. I plan to use another flat bar to secure this component to the frame (or skin).

lots done today, I also messed around with the arms a bit. I took some notes from Calvin and got most of the mounting components together.

If all goes well, I should be working on painting a few things blue (Krider method) sometime this week. I am also planning on taking some time off next week. I hope to take that time to make some serious progress on the legs.

No comments: