finished most of the wiring. Only connections left are the charging systems.
Which leads me to my conclusions about 2-3-2.
Can it be done? Absolutely.
Will I do 2-3-2 with this droid? Probably not... at least not the way I am attempting to do it now.
My R2 fell over twice today. I broke a few pieces on the back door on the first fall, and then I broke the front arm carriage on the second. These events pretty much put a stop to building today.
I goofed around with some C code for vex thinking that I could just code my way around the problems. As I sat there and typed out a block of code I realized that the design I was using for 2-3-2 would not work.
The single most blatant flaw in my 2-3-2 design is the shoulder satellite motors. Not because the the teeth could break, but because in my design I am attempting to control both motors with a single controller. The legs would sometimes get out of sync with each other during my testing. It had been a minor issue that I didn't realize would be such a big problem.
If I used two controllers and built completely separate sensor packs for each leg to help keep everything in sync.. I still would face my ongoing challenges with my tilt rod setup, and feet.
At this point, I plan to pull most of the 2-3-2 components out of my droid. I am reviewing some of the information that Victor and Mike have available to change my shoulder setup to a static configuration. I am hoping that it will not take very long which will allow me to move on to some fun stuff.
Do not be afraid to try 2-3-2. I have a decent amount of info in this blog describing my attempt, but now I must leave it to those that are more mechanically inclined than myself.