Ok making some decent progress, but not as fast as needed. Errors and other issues seem to delay the completion of one component to the next.
Following up on disassembling.. I needed to rotate the shoulder motors to the top of the frame. This allows room for the drawer slides to fit properly.
Not having much mechanical engineering or construction experience led me through a process of trial and error to get these slides installed.
Getting all of this lined up and centered was a good challenge.
Saturday night, we went to a friends house for a Chinese new year party. My daughter was dressed for the occasion.
Finally finished up the paint job on the Dome ring. The dome is just resting on top in this picture. I will get this all buttoned up tomorrow.
I bought a cheap circle saw and some plywood. This is my attempt at a scratch built motor mount. This is going to take a bit more work than I anticipated, and hope it will work. I will be looking for motor mounts from the group, because I know these may not last.
Ok, back to the center leg. These pictures are actually a second run at trying to get this to work. The first attempt proved that my ability to measure stuff at 2am is a bit off. The rails were rubbing against the pvc, and the slides were so bound up that the leg would barely move.
After moving the slides, and doing a better job measuring, I managed to get this working...sort of anyway. Still alot of binding, and I am pretty sure that I will need to cut down the center leg a bit to make this fit properly. I need to find about 1/8 of an inch somewhere in there and get rid of it to get this thing gliding.