Monday, April 30, 2007

wiring design

I sat down at my PC and worked up this design using Microsoft paint.
I know for a fact that this is a fairly silly design, but I wanted to get the most out of my power sources... which is why there are 4 different power setups.
Click on the image to get a better view of the design.

The Vex is maxed on motor/servo ports in this design, so if I want to add more servos I will need another Vex controller.


No pictures of the AA frame and wires tonight. I'll try to get something different posted by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the diagram.

To add more motors/servos you could try a Pololu Micro Serial Servo Controller

http://www.pololu.com/products/pololu/0207/

Calvin Thomas said...

The Infa's what will they be used to control?
Have you put any thought into maybe something like this instead of the Vex batteries.
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/AnyVolt.htm
Kinda expensive, But I like the control you have over it.
The servo I was using for the dome rotation, I'm going to change.
I'm using the actual motor from the satalite assy. (Bet I spelled that wrong.)
Where are you mounting your batts.?
Nice drawing, I need to plan mine out like that.
Calvin