Saturday, February 3, 2007

learning to be patient

During the week, I am finding it difficult to get much work done. In the evenings I usually have less than an hour to use power tools of any type. This includes my dremel. The main reason is that I do not want to disturb my daughter who is about to be 1 year old. She is getting use to the noises, but I don't want to wake her up if she falls asleep.

Over the course of the week, I have managed to get more etching done on the aspects dome. I am not really happy with the way the etching is coming out. I have managed to gouge it up alot, but I picked up some bondo... I figure I could try and patch the places that I messed up and then primer the dome again. I test fitted one of the holoprojectors tonight, using tape to hold it in place, It was very cool to see the two parts together. I would like to have the dome ready to paint by Tuesday night.

I also worked on my frame and dome ring. I pretty much destroyed the dome ring trying to decrease the diameter. I think I will follow some of the instructions that Mike Senea provided on one of the R2LA videos and use sentra or styrene to create a dome ring. He made it look so easy.

I took the frame apart to install a few rings on the satelite motors. My frame is still in pieces, but I should have it back together soon.

more parts came in.
The led blinking kits from Carl's electronics
Holoprojectors from Azman.

Mike's DVDs arrived. They are fantastic. Highly recommend any R2 builder to head over to his website and get these videos.

I'll post pictures again sometime this weekend to show my progress on the dome.

1 comment:

yogrant said...

I think it looks good especially the dome. DAD